Monitoring and Inspections
Minnesota Housing Asset Management, Compliance and Performance Based Contract Administration staff perform periodic audits, reviews and inspections to assess the physical and operational health of properties, as well as compliance with program regulations. Inspections may include on-site physical inspection, review of financial, operational, and administrative records, and/or review of resident files. When properties have oversight from multiple departments, staff do their best to coordinate inspection activity, but coordination is not always possible or practicable.
Inspection Standards and Guidance
Section 8 & Section 811 PRA Monitoring
Federal Rental Assistance Programs, Section 8 and Section 811 PRA, consist of 3 functional teams:
- The Housing Management Officer collaborates with local HUD field office staff to help ensure that management practices, occupancy, physical conditions, and compliance with HUD and fair housing regulations are upheld.
- The HAP Contract Officer works with Owners and Management Agents of Section 8 properties to process Initial and Subsequent Contract Renewals, annual funding renewals, budget-based rent adjustments, AAF rent adjustments and special rent adjustments.
- The TRACS Data Analyst works with Project Based Section 8 Owner/Agents to approve payment of the monthly Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) Voucher. The TRACS Data Analyst reviews and approves Special Claims and Repayment Agreements as well as assists Owner/Agents on correction of TRACS errors and EIV discrepancies.
First Mortgage, Deferred Loan and Tax Credit Monitoring
Management Review/Inspection Documents
- Property Profile
- 7-year Project Capital Needs (Excel)
- Compliance Review Information Form - Coming Soon
- Property Manager Questionnaire for Developments with LTH/HPH Units
- Service Provider Questionnaire for Developments with LTH/HPH Units