Annual Funds Available
Go to applications, materials and instructions for the following funds available:
The following resources are confirmed following the end of the special legislative session in June. Amounts are estimated.
- Federal Housing Tax Credits from the competitive state allocation pool (HTC)(2016 Round 1): $12.5 million
- Amortizing Mortgages under HUD Multifamily Accelerated Processing (MAP) programs Section 221(d) and 223(f), and the Low and Moderate Income Rental (LMIR) program. Applicants should contact Diana Lund or the HDO you are currently working with to schedule a Technical Assistance meeting: Amount based on applications
- Flexible Financing for Capital Costs (FFCC) (only available in conjunction with LMIR first mortgage financing): amount to be determined
- Economic Development and Housing Challenge Program (EDHC) Workforce Housing Set Aside: $2 million
- Preservation Affordable Rental Investment Fund (PARIF): $6 million
- 2% interim construction financing
- Deferred loans and grants on a competitive basis
Multifamily and Single Family
- Economic Development and Housing Challenge Program (EDHC): $11.1 million
- Economic Development and Housing Challenge Program (EDHC) Indian Housing Set Aside: $1.2 million
- Housing Infrastructure Bonds (HIB): $20 million
The Consolidated RFP also makes available funds from philanthropic, local and state government entities. All amounts are estimated and subject to appropriations where applicable.
Developments in the seven-county metropolitan area:
- Metropolitan Council Local Housing Incentive Account Program (LHIA): $2 million
- Family Housing Fund: $500,000
- Metro HRA Section 8 Project-Based Voucher Rental Assistance*: 45 vouchers
*Property must be located in Anoka, Ramsey, Hennepin, Carver and Washington Counties, excluding the cities of Saint Paul, Minneapolis, St. Louis Park, Plymouth, Richfield and Bloomington.
Developments in Greater Minnesota (outside the seven-county metropolitan area):
- Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (MN DEED) Small Cities Development Program (SCDP): Up to $1,000,000
- Mankato EDA Section 8 Project-Based Voucher Rental Assistance*: 10 vouchers
*Property must be located within Blue Earth County
- Greater Minnesota Housing Funds (GMHF)**: $1,000,000
**Amortizing mortgages are also available from GMHF. Applicants interested in GMHF amortizing mortgage financing should contact Robyn Bipes.
We will select proposals and award the most appropriate funding from available sources. We encourage proposals with the following priorities:
- Access to fixed transit
- Increase in housing in Greater Minnesota where the lack of affordable workforce housing is a barrier to economic prosperity
- Creation of equitable access to affordable housing opportunities in higher income communities
- Increase in housing in Tribal Nations
- Creation of comprehensive strategies for Planned Community Development
- Preservation of affordable housing opportunities
- Creation of supportive housing for people who have experienced homelessness and for people with disabilities
- Continued community recovery and foreclosure remediation
- Projects that are part of a broader community vision or Planned Community Development
Due Dates and Selections
Applications must be received by Minnesota Housing by the following dates to be eligible for funding consideration:
Intent to Apply (new requirement for Multifamily applications)
Due June 17, 2015 by 12:00 p.m.
See eNews on Intent to Apply Extension
2015 Multifamily RFP and 2016 Housing Tax Credit Round 1
Due June 18, 2015 by 5:00 p.m.
2015 Single Family RFP
Due June 16, 2015 by 12:00 p.m.