Minnesota Housing announces funding availability
Minnesota Housing and our partners are pleased to announce the availability of funding to build and preserve affordable housing across Minnesota. Total amounts available will be determined by the Minnesota Legislature and a final availability of funds notice will be distributed after the legislative session ends on May 18.
Please visit the Minnesota Housing website for applications, materials and instructions for the consolidated 2015 Multifamily and Single Family RFP and the annual Housing Tax Credit RFP.
- $12.6 million in 2016 Housing Tax Credits (Round 1) for multifamily housing
- Deferred loans on a competitive basis for multifamily housing
Rental Assistance available through:
- 75 Section 811 Project-Based Vouchers
- 45 project-based Section 8 rental assistance through Met Council/Metro HRA
10 project-based Section 8 vouchers through Mankato Economic Development
- First Mortgage Loans: Amortizing Mortgages are available under both HUD Multifamily Accelerated Processing (MAP) programs Section 221(d) and 223(f), and the Low and Moderate Income Rental (LMIR) program for multifamily housing. Applicants can indicate their interest through the RFP or by contacting us separately.
- 2% interim construction financing for single family housing
- Deferred loans and grants on a competitive basis for single family housing
- Housing Infrastructure Bond proceeds may also be available (subject to Legislative approval) for both multifamily and single family housing
We will select proposals and award the most appropriate funding from available sources. We encourage proposals with the following priorities:
- Access to fixed transit
- Increase in housing in Greater Minnesota where the lack of affordable workforce housing is a barrier to economic prosperity
- Creation of equitable access to affordable housing opportunities in higher income communities
- Increase in housing in Tribal Nations
- Creation of comprehensive strategies for Planned Community Development
- Preservation of affordable housing opportunities
- Creation of supportive housing for people who have experienced homelessness and for people with disabilities
- Continued community recovery and foreclosure remediation
- Projects that are part of a broader community vision or Planned Community Development
We want to help you submit strong proposals. Please take advantage of the Technical Assistance opportunities below. For individual Technical Assistance, contact the appropriate Agency staff to request a session.
- April-May: Multifamily Preservation applicants will need assistance from Minnesota Housing staff to complete their proposals, and should request a Technical Assistance meeting as soon as possible. See the Minnesota Housing Preservation page for more information.
- May 5 from 10-11:30 a.m.: Live Q&A with Commissioner Tingerthal, Kayla Schuchman and other Multifamily staff - Register Now
- Beginning May 8: View pre-recorded Multifamily Training Tutorials. Scroll down to "Application Resources."
In-Person Assistance Session at Minnesota Housing - Register Now
May 5: 9:30–11:30 a.m.
Live Webinar - Register Now
May 5: 1:30–3:30 p.m.
Due Dates and Selections
Applications must be received by Minnesota Housing by the following dates to be eligible for funding consideration:
Intent to Apply (new requirement for Multifamily applications)
Due June 4, 2015 by 5:00 p.m.
2015 Multifamily RFP and 2016 Housing Tax Credit Round 1
Due June 18, 2015 by 5:00 p.m.
2015 Single Family RFP
Due June 16, 2015 by 12:00 p.m.