Start Up for First-Time Homebuyers
Start Up is our statewide mortgage program for eligible first-time homebuyers, available through participating lenders.
Start Up offers:
- Affordable interest rates
- Three downpayment and closing cost assistance loan options for eligible borrowers
- Income limits up to $99,500
Acquisition cost must fall under the following limits:
11-County Metro: $307,900
Balance of State: $255,500
Reduction or elimination of mortgage insurance (MI) costs with exclusive conventional loan options, available up to 97% LTV
- Fannie Mae HFA PreferredTM/UPMI - Conventional insured product available with lower MI rates and no loan level pricing adjustments.
- Fannie Mae HFA Preferred Risk SharingTM - Allows borrowers to avoid MI altogether.
- Freddie Mac HFA AdvantageSM/UPMI - Conventional insured product available with lower MI rates and no loan level pricing adjustments.