Multifamily Program Guides and Manuals
Contact your Housing Management Officer if you have questions on a program.
General Program Information
* NOTE: Some of the documents listed on this page specify a loan interest rate within the document. They do not constitute an offer to enter into an interest rate agreement. Such an agreement may only be made pursuant to Minnesota Statutes Section 47.206, Subds. 3 and 4.
Capital Cost Financing
Costs associated with new construction, rehabilitation and other development costs. Generally, projects must have a capital improvement financing plan that meets the Minnesota Housing requirements for project development standards, reserves and contingencies.
- 501(c)(3) Bonds
- Affordable Rental Investment Fund (ARIF) Program - Funding no longer available. Program guide to be used for long term monitoring and compliance.
- Economic Development and Housing Challenge (EDHC) Program
- Ending Long Term Homelessness Initiative Fund
- Housing Trust Fund (HTF)
- Low and Moderate Income Rental (LMIR) Program
- Minnesota Families Affordable Rental Investment Fund (MARIF) Program Guide and other MARIF requirements - Funding no longer available. Program guide to be used for long term monitoring and compliance.
- Publicly Owned Housing Program (fka POPSHP)
Rehabilitation or Preservation of Federally Assisted Housing
Available to owners of developments with long term project-based federal subsidies that are in jeopardy of being lost.
- HOME Rental Rehabilitation Administrators
- HOME Rental Rehabilitation Owners
- HOME Affordable Rental Preservation (HOME HARP)
- HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) and National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF) Combined Program Guide
- Preservation Affordable Rental Investment Fund (PARIF) Program
- Rental Rehabilitation Deferred Loan Program
- Rental Rehabilitation Loan Program - Funding no longer available. Program Guide to be used for long term monitoring and compliance
- Section 3 Compliance
- Women or Minority Owned Business (MBE/WBE) Compliance
A limited amount of operating subsidy funding is available from the following Minnesota Housing resources. Review the Program Guidelines for Criteria.
Funding Partner Guides
Funding Partners work closely with Minnesota Housing and in coordination with the Multifamily RFP Annual Funding Process. For further information regarding the Funding Partners, please visit their individual websites.
- Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) Small Cities Development Program Guide
- Family Housing Fund (FHF) Program Guide
- Greater Minnesota Housing Fund (GMHF) Program Guide
- Metropolitan Council Local Housing Incentive Account (LHIA) Program Guide
- Metropolitan Council Section 8 Voucher Rental Assistance Program Guide
- Mankato Economic Development Authority Project-Based Voucher Program Guide
- Saint Paul Public Housing Authority Guide