Home Improvement Programs Overview
Minnesota Housing helps homeowners live in safe, accessible and energy efficient homes with our home improvement loan programs through approved lenders. No matter what your borrower needs, we've got you covered.
What programs are available?
- Fix Up and Community Fix Up Loan Programs
- Rehabilitation Loan/Emergency and Accessibility Loan Programs (RLP/ELP)
- Quick Start Disaster Recovery Program
Why choose Minnesota Housing?
- Affordable, fixed interest rate loans
- Higher loan-to-value ratio on secured loans than traditional loan products
- Unsecured loans available up to $15,000
- Lower interest rate for Unsecured Energy and the Secured Energy/Accessibility loan
- Borrowers can hire a contractor or complete the work themselves
- 0% interest, deferred loans of up to $27,000 for low-income borrowers
Want to become a Minnesota Housing lender?
If you are not a Minnesota Housing lender and would like to become one, please complete the applicable materials.
- Fix Up New Lender Application Process
- Fix Up New Lending Partner Information
- Fix Up Participation Agreement (Contract)
- Proposal for Community Fix Up Initiative
- RLP/ELP Lender Application
Fix Up and Community Fix Up Loan Programs: Reach the Partner Solutions Team at 651.296.8215 or 800.710.8871 between 7:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on business days.
RLP/ELP: Contact Tonya Taylor at 651.296.8844.
Quick Start: Contact Cal Greening at 651.296.8843.