Contract & Funding Renewals, Rent Adjustments
The Minnesota Housing HAP Contract Team works with Owners and Management Agents of Section 8 properties to process Initial and Subsequent Contract Renewals, annual funding renewals, budget based rent adjustments, AAF rent adjustments and special rent adjustments. Contact your assigned HAP Contract Officer with questions.
Adjustment Factors & Fair Market Rents
Published Operating Cost Adjustment Factor (OCAF) - Effective February 14, 2014. 1.6 % for Minnesota or 1.016 for Line N on the OCAF Worksheet. Also available for reference - the OCAF factors archive.
Current Year Fair Market Rents (FMRs) - Effective October 1, 2013
Annual Adjustment Factor (AAF) - Effective May 22, 2013
Forms and Sample Letters
- Owner's One-Year Notice of Intention to Renew the HAP Contract, Appendix 11 - Sample form
- Owner's One-year Notice of Intention not to Renew the HAP Contract – Sample form
- Contract Renewal Request Form - HUD form 9624 for initial and subsequent contract renewals. (Instructions)
- Mark-Up-To-Market Initial Eligibility Worksheet
- Operating Cost Adjustment Factor (OCAF) Worksheet - HUD 9625 (Instructions)
- Owner's Notice to Tenants of Request to Increase Rents - sample PDF fillable form
- Distribution of Owner's Notice to Increase Rents - Sample cover letter to describe how the notice to tenants was distributed.
- Owner's Certification as to Compliance with Tenant Comment Procedures - Sample form
- Utility Allowance Analysis Certification - Sample form
- HUD Budget Worksheet - HUD 92547-A
- Owner's Request to Increase the Monthly Reserves HUD 9250
- Owner's Certification to Reasonable Purchases and Practices - Sample form
- HUD Rent Schedule 92458
- Attachment 5 - For for-profit owners
- RCS Owner's Certification
- Request for HAP Contract Greater than 5 years - For owners who wish to request a HAP contract greater than five years. Three original copies must be submitted.
- AAF Worksheets
Handbooks & Notices
- HUD's Section 8 Renewal Guidebook
- HUD Handbook 4350.1 REV-1, Chapter 7 – Budget Based Rent Increase processing guidance
Annual Adjustment Factor (AAF) Notice – H2001-10