Post-Selection Materials for Service Providers
The following forms and documents are completed jointly or individually by the Service Provider, Owner, and Management Company in order to close a supportive housing loan or grant.
- Supportive Housing Closing Checklist - This list provides a brief description of the closing requirements.
- Supportive Housing Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Components - The MOU is completed by the primary service provider, the property management company, and the owner/ sponsor and describes the roles and responsibilities of these parties.
- Sample MOU - Template for developing a Supportive Housing MOU
- Service Plan - This is a description of how services will be provided to the target population. Refer to the Supportive Housing Closing Checklist for detailed instructions.
- Supportive Services Sources and Uses Budget - The budget identifies all of the service related expenses and the proposed funding sources for the project.
- Verification of Service Funding Sample Letter - for proposals utilizing the Long-Term Homelessness Flexible Service Fund, Mental Health Initiative Funds, etc.
- Group Residential Housing (GRH) Funding Commitment Letter - County human service departments are asked to complete the GRH Funding Commitment Letter for housing providers they intend to enter into a GRH contract with.
- Long Term Homeless HMIS memo and Contact Form - This form identifies the entity responsible for implementation of Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- Cooperative Agreement for Housing with Supports for Adults with Serious Mental Illness (HSASMI) DHS Operating Subsidy Program - This agreement describes the respective roles and responsibilities of the Owner, Service Provider and the county Local Mental Health Authority, Adult Mental Health Initiative, and/or Tribal mental health entity in the process of coordinating the mental health supportive services, data collection and reporting for a property receiving a DHS Operating Subsidy.
- DHS-AMHD Contact Memo Attachment A - Contact Form for DHS-AMHD Housing with Supports for Adults with Serious Mental Illness. Identifies the Local Mental Health Initiative Contact and other key entities. Submitted for developments awarded DHS-AMHD Housing with Supports for Adults with Serious Mental Illness operating subsidy.
- County Letter of Confirmation
- 215A Qualification of Primary Service Provider
Supportive Housing Definitions
- Minnesota Housing Definitions
Long-Term Homelessness Definition and Characteristics
Households Experiencing Long Term Homelessness - Persons including "individuals, unaccompanied youth, and families with children lacking a permanent place to live continuously for a year or more or at least four times in the past three years. Any period of institutionalization or incarceration shall be excluded when determining the length of time the household has been homeless."
LTH Definition, Eligibility Common Questions and Q & A - 4.19.2011
- LTH Definition & Selection Criteria Memo - issued 02.08.2005 by Laura Kadwell, Director of LTH.
- Permanent Supportive Housing - "Permanent rental housing affordable to the population served where support services are available to residents. Permanent supportive housing is available to individuals and families with multiple barriers to obtaining and maintaining housing, including those who are formally homeless or at risk of homelessness and those with mental illness, substance abuse disorders, and/or HIV/AIDS."
- Key Characteristics of Persons Experiencing Long Term or Chronic Homelessness
- Households Experiencing Long Term Homelessness - Persons including "individuals, unaccompanied youth, and families with children lacking a permanent place to live continuously for a year or more or at least four times in the past three years. Any period of institutionalization or incarceration shall be excluded when determining the length of time the household has been homeless."
- HUD Definitions
- Definitions of Case Management