Servicing Requests

Request for Action (RFA)

What is an RFA and when do I need to complete one?

Our Request for Action (RFA) process is used for many different servicing requests including assumptions, ownership/management company changes, subordinations, and payoffs. You must complete an RFA for all servicing requests.

How do I complete an RFA?

  1. Complete and submit an RFA request form.
  2. Upon receipt of your complete RFA request form, we will send you:
    1. A letter acknowledging your request to be signed by the Owner
    2. A list of required due diligence items
    3. An invoice for the applicable nonrefundable RFA processing fee (effective February 1, 2016)
  3. Return the processing fee and due diligence items to Minnesota Housing.
  4. Our RFA staff will review your materials and present them to the appropriate committees for decision. You may be involved in negotiations about credit review and deal structuring during this time. Neither Minnesota Housing or its employees or agents can provide any guarantee that your RFA will be approved or that the approval will not have modifications to your original request.
  5. We will notify you in writing of the final decision and provide you with next steps. If your request is approved, it is then transferred to our legal team where a timeline for closing will be determined. Additional documentation is often required.

How long does the RFA process take?

The average timeline for a decision is 30-90 business days from our receipt of all required documentation. This timeline may be extended depending on the nature of the request or the completeness of the documentation. If the RFA is approved, a timeline for closing will then be determined.

Helpful Links and Documents

Payoff Worksheet - A completed payoff worksheet should be submitted with all multifamily loan payoff requests.

HUD 2530 Previous Participation approval - This form is typically required for ownership and management company changes when the development has HUD financing.

Owner/Management Contact Information Change Form - This form is only for contact changes. For ownership or management company changes, please submit an RFA request form.

Contact or Send Submittals

NOTE: This is for multifamily servicing requests only. Any homeownership requests must go to

Cheryl Rivinius
400 Wabasha Street North, Suite 400
Saint Paul, MN  55102